This is our classic spinning wheel. A workhorse wheel: spinning, plying, fine-weight, it can do it all. A single or double treadle wheel with Irish Tension, this wheel is perfect for the spinning enthusiast who wants to invest in a jack-of-all-trades wheel but isn’t ready to splurge on all the bells and whistles.
Your S10 will last for generations with minimal upkeep required to keep it spinning. 20, 30 and 40-year-old S10’s are commonly used by spinners around the world, every day. Versatility is the key to the modern S10 wheel.
- Single Treadle
- Double Treadle
Our bobbins all have whirls with three options for three ratio settings, allowing you to customize your yarn. These ratios are:
- 1:5.5- For use with heavy yarns and slow spinning
- 1:7.5- Perfect for medium yarns
- 1:10.5- used with fine yarns or fast spinning
- High Speed bobbin Ratios: 1:6.5, 1:9.5, 1:15
- Extra bobbin for S10 (part # 1.311)
- S10 high speed bobbin (part # 1.330)
- S10 Fatcore bobbin (part # 1.390)
- S10 Art Yarn bobbin (part # 1.312)
- Classic main wheel
- 3 standard bobbins
- Lazy Kate Rack
- Standard flyer with hooks
This wheel is part of the S10 Concept Series and can use any of the accessories that are part of the S10C system.
Main wheel: 19 3/4″ (50 cm)
Orifice: 1/2″ (12 mm), height from the ground 27 5/8” (70 cm)
Weight: 13 lb (6 kg)
Please email us for delivery time estimates at firstname.lastname@example.org. If an item is not in stock it may take 6-12 weeks for delivery from Louet.